A trip to Golden Triangle travel with Udaipur brings some of the images that epitomize India offering unique blend of sights, sounds and experiences of classical India. Travel to Udaipur to enjoy the splendid sight of grand forts and exquisite palaces testifying India’s rich architectural heritage. On a tour of Udaipur, experience the trip around a beautiful old city with narrow lanes flanked by gardens, lakes, palaces and temples meandering through Udaipur.
07 Nights / 08 Days
Delhi - Agra - Jaipur - Udaipur - Delhi/ Mumbai
Day 1 - Welcome to Delhi!
You will arrive at the Delhi International Airport. Delhi is India's second largest metropolis next to Mumbai, which is located in the northern part of the country. The architectural features in the city are similar to those which can be seen in Athens, Rome and Istanbul.
Day 2 - Exploring Delhi
Your first day you will explore the old and new city of Delhi. You'll be mesmerized by the 100-foot, red-stone boundary walls of Red Fort built during the 17th century. Opposite this ancient structure is the Jama Masjid, built in 1656. Found in front of the Jama Masjid is the 1656 AD construction of red sandstone and white marble. It is the largest mosque in India where 20,000 people can pray together. You will also tour the town in a Rickshaw. Along the streets of old Delhi you will see the Raj Ghat, Mahatma Gandhi (Father of the Nation) Memorial, which is close to the river Yamuna. Next, you will visit the Humayun Tomb of the second Mughal emperor, which was completed by his wife during the 16th century. Shahjahan had the vision for the structure of the Taj Mahal. The Qutub Minar, a 220-foot tower made by one of the first Muslim leaders in India, was built between 1199 and 1368 AD. It runs counter to Rashtrapati Bhawan, the residence of the President of India. There you'll see the buildings of government and parliament and India Gate which is 130-foot wall built in memory of the soldiers who died during the First World War.
Day 3 - From Delhi to Agra
From Delhi, you will enjoy the drive to Agra, and get to visit Sikandra, the amazing grave of Akbar, the most influential of all Mughal emperors. The grave lies 6 miles before Agra. Agra is placed on the deposits of the Yamuna River and was under the Mughal rulers during the 16th and 17th centuries. The highlight of the Golden India tour triangle package is visiting the world-famous Taj Mahal (1631-1653). This amazing piece of architecture made of light-colored marble, was built by Mughal ruler Shah Jahan for his departed wife Mumtaz Mahal. Its architecture reveals why it's one of the Seven Wonders of the World. For 21 days, 20,000 expert workers from Italy, France, Iran and Asia worked on the memorial. Upon your arrival you can go to your hotel for a good night's rest.
Day 4 - From Agra to Jaipur
After breakfast, you will inspect the wide and vast Agra fort at the west deposit of the Yamuna River. Agra fort was built in the 1600's by Akbar and was finished by his grandson. After the visit, you will go as far as Jaipur, the cap of the country Rajasthan, which is also popularly known as "Pink City" because of its pink houses' frontal façade and metropolis fence. On the way, you will visit Fatehpur Sikri, which is 22 miles from Agra, the other large city of Akbar, built in 1569. Akbar shifted his cap to Fatehpur Sikri, but after 13 days due to the scarcity of water, it was shifted to Lahore in Pakistan and back again to Agra. Arrival to Jaipur is scheduled in the afternoon, and an overnight stay will be at the hotel.
Day 5 - Exploring Jaipur
After an early breakfast you will drive to fort Amber (6 miles), the former capital of Kachhawaha Rajputs. On the way, you will stop to visit the city's landmark: the Hawa Mahal (palace of the winds). Built during the 18th century, the five-story building features 953 windows and niches from which the royal women observed the procession in the street without being seen. Next you will visit Amber fort, which lies on 400-foot-tall hill and is surrounded by the chain of mountains known as Aravalli. Afterwards you will visit the Pink city Jaipur. The city palace built in 1734 lies in the center of Jaipur and is now the residence of the royal family of Jaipur and a beautiful museum. After that you will visit Jantar Mantar, an observatory. It was built in the 18th century by the city founder Jai Singh II. The instruments are out of stone and marble and served to explore the night skies. You will then return to your hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 6 Jaipur - Udaipur ( By road )
After breakfast, drive to Udaipur- an oasis in the desert state of Rajasthan. Enroute visit Pushkar. Pushkar is the holiest place of the Hindus, and is known for the festivals at the holy Pushkar Lake. Each year thousands of Hindu pilgrims redeem themselves and ask that their family be blessed with good health.
Visit Pushkar Lake and Hindu Brahma Temple. Afterwards, continue your drive to Udaipur. After arrival, check in the hotel. Overnight stay in Udaipur.
Day 7 Udaipur
During the morning you will explore Udaipur which lies in the Girwa valley in the middle of the Aravali hill and is described as a romantic city with its lakes, gardens, temple and palaces. You will visit the city palace built in 1570 AD by Maharana Udai Singh at the bank of the Pichola Lake. This impressive complex of different palaces is a mixture of Rajput and Mughal influences. You will then visit the Jagdish temple. Built in 1651 AD this temple is a beautiful example of the Nagara style temple architecture. You will also enjoy a boat trip on the Pichola Lake.You will then return to your hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 8 Udaipur - Delhi / Mumbai
In morning, after an early breakfast, transfer to Udaipur airport to board the flight for onward destination.
|Golden Triangle India with Udaipur (7 nights/8days)||TOUR GTI 03|
|16.04.09 - 15.09.09||2163||4198||1061||1997||852||1579||698||1271|
|16.09.09 – 15.04.10||2649||5173||1366||2607||1124||2123||928||1731|
|Please Note:||*There will be an obligatory supplement charge on Christmas and New Year Eve. |
*Twin- Cost per person on twin sharing basis for minimum two persons traveling.
*All prices are in US Dollars
- 7 nights accommodation in mentioned hotels or similar with daily breakfast.
- Surface Travel by exclusive SUV air-conditioned car. Click here to see the car provided for the tour
- All transfers & sightseeing as per the itinerary by air-conditioned SUV car.
- Boat Ride on lake Pichola in Udaipur
- Rickshaw ride in Old Delhi through Old Delhi-Jama Masjid, Gurduwara (Sikh Temple), Chandni Chowk Bazaar
- Rickshaw ride in Jaipur through Bazaars of old pink city
- One way horse carriage ride from the nearest parking to Taj Mahal in Agra
- Elephant ride (alternatively by jeeps) to ascend Amber Fort in Jaipur
- Entrance fee and Indian Vegetarian Rajasthani Dinner at Choki Dhani Village Resort, Jaipur
- Excursion to Nahargarh (Tiger) Fort in Jaipur to watch the sunset and beautiful view of Jaipur
- Entrance fee to monuments
- Mineral water (1litre) per person per day
- A local English-speaking guide shall be provided for the sightseeing tours.
- Representative for assistance on all arrival and departure transfers.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- All taxes, driver allowances, parking, fuel charges, interstate taxes, etc.
Services not included
- Any airfare (domestic or international)
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Our quote is not valid for period other than mentioned above
- Expense of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone/fax calls, alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, any Insurance, airport departure tax etc.
- Price of tour is ascertained on travelling of two persons. For price of travel of more than two persons and group rates
- Hotel Check-In, Check-out time 1200 NOON
- Prices are subject to change with any increase in the cost.
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- Elephant ride is subject to availability as Government of Rajasthan has restricted the number of rides and prior reservation. Clients will have to queue themselves and wait to see if they can get a chance to have the elephant ride. There is no guarantee that even after queing, they will get an elephant ride if the quota of rides is over.
- In case on any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly.
For Cancellation Policy and Limitations & Liabilities Click Here
|Delhi||The Imperial / The Oberoi||The Metropolitan / The Lalit / The Grand / The Park||The Maidens / The Connaught / Hotel City Park||Hotel Sun star / Hotel Gautam Deluxe|
|Jaipur||Oberoi Rajvilas||Hotel Trident / Le Meridien||Clarks Amer / Golden Tulip / Hari Mahal Palace||Nana Ki haveli / Hotel Jas Vilas|
|Agra||Oberoi Amar Vilas||Jaypee Palace / Hotel Trident / Mughal sheraton||Clarks Shiraz / Gateway Hotel||Hotel Amar / Hotel Usha Kiran|
|Udaipur||Oberoi Udaivilas||Trident/ Fateh Prakash/ Shiv Niwas/ Laxmi Villas||Uday Kothi / Shikarbadi / Amet Haveli||Hotel Shikarbadi / Hotel Rajdarshan|
Why Us? For Classic Holidays Services and Plus Points Click Here
For India Travel Tips and Details Click Here